Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mini Oreo Cheese Cake 迷你OREO芝士杯子蛋糕

I am not a cheesecake lover. But I love bake rice & pizza! LOL~ When I first saw this at  温馨小厨,my eyes blink~ They are so lovely! I wanted to do it for my kids! But the condensed milk in the ingredient list holds me back until I see Anncoo's version using whipping cream. Woohoo~! What am I waiting for? Mai tu liao~




They are so lovely, don't they? 

My kitchen smells heavenly when these little fellow are in the oven. I am totally in love with the smell that I did another batch the very next day for my husband's colleagues. Haha~ But I adjusted the recipe this time round to suit my hubby's palate.


Very nicely done piece~ ^.^
Another batch for hubby's colleague.

Recipe:
(Fully Adapt from here:)

Ingredients:
(makes 14 x 5mm diameter base soft liner) 


250g Cream cheese 
150g Whipping cream (I use 120g only for 2nd batch)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Egg yolk
a pinch of cream of tartar
30g Sugar
1 tube of Oreo (137g)


2 Egg white
30 Sugar

Method:

1. Separate Oreos, leaving 14 pcs without cream intact and round. Put the rest of the biscuits together with the filling into a food processor and pulse in fine.

2. Preheat your oven (150C) and boil a pot water after this.

3. Line big muffin tin with 12 paper cups/liners. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of Oreo crumbs onto paper cups and  lightly press the crumbs to flatten with a mini roller pin/teaspoon.

4. In a large bowl, cream cream cheese and 30g sugar on low speed until smooth, put in whipping cream, vanilla extract and egg yolks and continue to beat on low speed until well combined. 

5. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, add in cream of tartar continue to beat until soft peaks. Add in 30g sugar and beat till stiff (as long as egg whites don't fall when overturned, it will be fine, no need to be pointy stiff). 

6. Fold in egg whites to cream cheese mixtures with a spatula.

7. Spoon cream cheese mixtures into prepared paper cups. Top with an oreo biscuit.

8. Bake for 20 minutes in a water bath. (my oven needs 28 mins, tested with toothpick come out clean, as in no watery cream cheese stick on the toothpick.)

9. Leave to cool in oven, door ajar. Cool completely before chilling.

10. Best chilled for 3 hours or more before serving.


2 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake but have never tried Oreo cheesecake. Yours looks lovely & very appetizing! I love the idea of making this cheesecake in mini . Cute ! ;)

    ReplyDelete