Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Raspberries/Bluberries cake 水果蛋糕

Okay, it took me very long to decide to start a blog again. Yes, again. I used to have a blog (not on food though), but that was when I was still single. When you are single, you can anything and everything, at anytime that you wish. LOL~

When I first saw this cake posted by Anncoo Journal last week, I totally fall in love with it! It look so delicious to me! So I decide to make it over the weekend.


Raspberries Cake

This is a very simple cake. Not much hassle to make it. In less than 2 hours, I baked 2 trays of this cake, 1 blueberries and 1 raspberries, stick to original Anncoo's flavor.



Blueberries Cake

Frankly, this cake is not something that I like. I'm "surprise" with the texture. But my kids love them! Both my kids had 2 slices each for their breakfast!


I guess the sour hint in the fruits gave them the perk!

Recipe:
Fully adapted from here:


Ingredients:
120g Fresh raspberries (or fruits of your choice)
80g Butter, softened
80g Sugar
2 Eggs (about 70g each)
3 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Lemon zest
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Natural yogurt/Sour cream (I used natural yogurt)
120g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp pinch of salt
60g Fresh milk

Methods:
1. Line a 7 inch (7 x 7 x 2) square cake pan all sides up, set aside

2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together, add lemon zest into and mix them well, set aside.

3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add 2 tbsp natural yoghurt or sour cream, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract until well blended.

4. Add flour mixture and milk alternately into creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.

5. Gently fold in the raspberries into the creamed mixture, mix well and pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 30 minutes or when skewer inserted into cake and comes out clean.

6. Remove cake from oven and set to cool for 10 minutes then unmould, leave to cool completely. Cut cake into 8 or 12 equal slices and dust some icing sugar or snow powder on top & serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment